Welcome to the Meaford Energy Centre website
Meaford Energy Limited (MEL) is introducing proposals to the community for a new combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power station, to be known as Meaford Energy Centre, on the Meaford Business Park.
The project represents an investment of £300m and will bring the following benefits:
- Provide 30 highly skilled permanent local jobs
- Create up to 800 construction jobs over three years
- Deliver the catalyst to progress the development of Meaford Business Park, creating further jobs in the area
- Reducing the area’s reliance on imported electricity and improving its energy security.
More information about the proposals can be found in this website.
Supporting documents including technical reports can be found in the Library section.
About Meaford Energy Limited
Meaford Energy Limited (MEL) is a joint venture between St. Modwen – the UK’s leading regeneration specialist and owner of Meaford Business Park – and Glenfinnan. Both companies have extensive experience of large-scale development and regeneration projects and the UK energy market.
Non-statutory Consultation Feedback Report published.
Between 24 September and 1 November 2013, we undertook an initial voluntary stage of non-statutory consultation to introduce our proposals for the Meaford Energy Centre.
We have now published our ‘Non-statutory Consultation Feedback Report’. This is available to download from Library section.
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to participate in our initial stage of consultation and continue to welcome any comments or questions you may have on our proposals.
You can contact us by:
- Calling our Freephone number on: 0800 319 6185
- Emailing: info@Meaford-Energy.com
- Writing to:
Meaford Energy Centre,
Local Dialogue LLP,
FREEPOST NAT 3717,