Meaford Energy Limited (MEL) has now been granted a Development Consent Order (DCO) for the Meaford Energy Centre (MEC), a new combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power station and its integral gas and electricity connections. The MEC received its DCO after a thorough three-year process involving public consultation and examination by the Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the Government.
The project represents an investment of £300m and will:
- Provide 30 highly skilled permanent local jobs
- Create up to 800 construction jobs over three years
- Deliver the catalyst to progress the development of Meaford Business Park (MBP), creating further jobs in the area
- Reducing the area’s reliance on imported electricity and improving its energy security.
On this website, you can find out more about the Meaford Energy Centre.
Meaford Energy Limited
MEL is a joint venture between Glenfinnan and St. Modwen - the owners of the MBP and the UK's leading regeneration specialist. As MEL, the companies combine Glenfinnan’s extensive knowledge of the UK energy market and St Modwen’s regeneration expertise.
What happens next?
We will take time to consider our options as to how to best progress this long-term project.
You can contact us by:
- Calling our Freephone number on: 0800 319 6185
This will be answered Monday to Friday – 9am to 5.30pm. Outside of these hours, please leave us a voicemail.
- Emailing: info@Meaford-Energy.com
- Writing to:
Meaford Energy Centre,
77a Tradescant Road,